Discover the Arion HST riding saddles, made in France. Indeed, when buying riding equipment, it is now essential to be concerned about its origin. We have at heart to offer you quality equipment, comfortable for you and your horse, durable and respectful of people and...
What are the show jumping competitions in France in 2022?
At the beginning of the year, after the traditional good resolutions, it is also time to organize your competition schedule. Grand National, French Championships, Tournée des As and many other show jumping competitions will be held in France in 2022.
Great sport for all, that’s the promise of these beautiful competitions!
- The FFE circuit
- The French championships
- The shows
The circuits of the French Equestrian Federation in show jumping in 2022
The French Equestrian Federation (FFE) is, every year, looking for the best national riders.
Every year, the FFE offers the best riders to compete in the many disciplines of equestrian sports.
The Grand National
Organized every year since 2008 by the FFE, the Grand National is one of the most prestigious competitions in France.
Each year, the best show jumping, dressage and eventing riders compete on the most beautiful tracks in France.
In show jumping, the circuit takes place throughout the year, on the Pro Élite Grand Prix events. The competition is played by teams of two or three riders.
This year, follow the 15 stages of the competition:
- from March 11 to 13 at the Haras de Jardy (92),
- on March 24 to 27 at the Auvers stables (95),
- from April 7 to 10 in Vichy (03),
- on April 28 to May 1 in Barbaste (47),
- from May 12 to 15 in Tours Pernay (37),
- on May 26 to 29 in Canteleu (76),
- from June 23 to 26 in Equivalée de Cluny (71),
- on July 7 to 10 in Notre Dame d’Estrées (14),
- from july 21 to 24 in Villiers Vicomte (60),
- on August 4 to 7 in Le Touquet Paris-Plage (62),
- from August 18 to 21 in Compiegne (60),
- on September 15 to 18 in Mâcon (71),
- from October 13 to 16 in Saint-Lo (50),
- on October 26 to 27 in Lyon (69),
- from November 17 to 20 in Le Mans (72).
The “Tournée des As” Tour
Still organized by the FFE, the Ace Pony Tour is a national show jumping event, only open to riders aged 18 and under, on D ponies and under.
The Tournée des As is the best way for young riders to improve their technical level. The different events are qualifying for the Elite Aces Championships. In addition, you can meet some selectors on these competitions, whose sharp eye spots the future great French champions.
The 2022 circuit started on January 14 at La Rosière aux Salines and is played almost every weekend on the most beautiful competition tracks in France.
The tour of the Aces is also run in dressage and CCE.
On the FFE Compet website, you will find the show jumping competitions closest to you!
Top 7 Show Jumping 2022 Circuit
Created in 2015, the Top 7 CSO circuit aims to identify the best seven-year-old horses. The finals take place in Fontainebleau, during the Elevage’s week, and the best seven-year-olds of the year are selected.
The Top 7 circuit also selects the best young CCE and endurance horses.
To admire the most talented young horses during the Top 7 Circuit, meet :
- from March 11 to 13 at Jardy (92),
- on March 17 to 20 at Auvers-Grelons (50),
- from April 7 to 10 at Sancourt (59),
- on April 28 to May 1 in Hardelot (62),
- from 28th to 31st July in Deauville (14),
- on September 9 to 11 in Jardy (92).
The Amateur Gold Tour
As one of the only amateur competitions on the circuit, the Amateur Gold Tour is a circuit reserved for riders holding an amateur license. Thus, everyone can participate and compete among the 30 best French riders until the final in Lyon!
To admire or participate, the CSO 2022 season takes place throughout France, from March to October.
- from March 17 to 20 in Barbaste (47)
- on March 31 to April 03 in Cluny (71)
- from 14 to 17 April in Fontainebleau (77)
- on 05 to 08 may in Le Touquet (62)
- from May 12 to 15 in Hardelot (62)
- on May 12 to 15 in Nîmes (30)
- from 19 to 22 May in Bourg en Bresse (01)
- on 19 to 22 May in Mantes la Jolie (78)
- from 02 to 05 June in Sancourt (80)
- on June 09 to 12 in Deauville (14)
- from June 21 to 26 in Royan (17)
- on June 30 to July 03 in Fontainebleau (77)
- on july 13 to 17 in Blaye (33)
- July 14 to 17 in Villers Vicomte (60)
- on August 17 to 21 in Nouans Les Fontaines (37)
- from August 23 to 25 in Auvers (50)
- on 08 to 11 september in Mâcon (71)
- from September 09 to 11 in Jardy (92)
- on September 22 to 25 in Canteleu (76)
- from September 22 to 25 in Vidauban (83)
- on September 30 to October 02 in Fontainebleau (77)
- from October 26 to 30 for the FINAL at Equita’Lyon (69)
These competitions are reserved for high-level riders searching for excellence. In order for everyone to have access to numerous competitions, the French Equestrian Federation has thought of everything.
The FFE French Championships of show jumping in 2022
For all levels, club, pony or amateur and in all disciplines, the French Equestrian Championships allow the best federal riders to compete. The competition takes place during one week in summer, after a whole season of qualifying competitions.
The French championships are a good opportunity to compete against riders of our level. It is also a way to “test ourselves” before committing to bigger events.
In 2022, the French Equestrian Show Jumping Championships will be held during the French Pony and Club Open, which will determine the best young riders and club riders in the three equestrian disciplines, from July 9 to 16 and from 23 to 30 in Lamotte-Beuvron (41). The French Amateur Open in the three disciplines will take place from 18 to 24 in Le Mans (72)
The Championships and the FFE Circuit events do not have a monopoly on show jumping in France in 2022.
Other events also promise a great show!
The most beautiful trade faire events
Every year, France hosts many shows and events dedicated to horses and equestrian competition.
These shows, in addition to being real meetings for all horse lovers and actors in France, are the opportunity to attend magnificent show jumping events on our territory.
Occasionally, it is also the occasion to spend time on the sides of tracks and to discover other disciplines. This is the case with Equita’Lyon and its major events for show jumping, dressage, driving and western riding, from 26 to 30 October in Lyon (69).
The date has not yet been confirmed, but don’t miss the Paris Horse Show, bringing together multiple disciplines and prestigious events, in December in Paris (93).
The shows are also an opportunity to meet new brands and equipment manufacturers. While waiting to meet us in real life, you can contact our experts to discover our products!
After two years of upheaval, will 2022 be the return of the great CSO in France?